When problems overwhelm us and sadness smothers us, where do we find the will and the courage to continue?

Wednesday 24 December 2008

'Tis The Season To Let Go Of Grudges (Falalalala...)

Yes indeed it is the holiday season once again and what a year has past.
I can't believe that 2008 has ended.. I remember back at the end of 2007 I knew this would be a good year, I was to turn 18 and I'd be in my last year of college. I've met Andy and grown fond of more people and met some sweet people too. Leeds Festival was a dive and I've gained control of my life.

So, Christmas. I'm supposed to feel festive and red cheeked and well dressed like a fabulous Santa but I don't feel it.. But I thought to myself 'what is feeling festive?' Singing carols, being jolly, eating chocolate.. But right now I feel contented to say the least, I'm surrounded by family, my sister being as annoying as usual but I'm enjoying it (and I'm just ignoring her of course!) watching Christmas TV (who doesn't love The Snowman?) and drinking fizzy wine - mince pies baking in the kitchen.
But to tie in with the title, I'm trying to:

  • Ignore my sister more often
  • Let go of any hate or bad feeling I have towards anyone in college or work etc. for my New Years resolution.

I think that will help me be more... tame and with one less stress on my shoulder I can concentrate on everything else that matters like The Sims 3 out in February ;)
Aah, stop reading my blog and go join your families, it's Christmas, it's Hanukkah, it's everything else.
Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

K
x